PROJECT MANAGER – SENIOR
PROJECT MANAGER – SENIOR
January 16, 2023
Head Office, Etobicoke
The Senior Project Manager (“Sr. PM”) represents a critical core competence that has high impact on the success of Fermar Paving Ltd. (“the Company”). The incumbent is accountable for the successful completion of all assigned Projects. The Sr. PM “owns” all Projects as assigned.
The Sr. PM is the subject matter expert for the management of Company Projects. The role is accountable for decision-making to ensure the effective planning and utilization of material and human resources; and communication and coordination with other managers and with Customers or their agents.
The role is the key contact for reviewing and resolving issues and concerns with Project performance, P&L, sub-contractors, suppliers, A/R (invoicing), and claims.
- Accountable for ensuring all assigned Projects are efficiently and profitably managed and completed.
- Provide leadership of Project Management disciplines throughout the company.
- Mentor and support Project Managers, Jr. Project Managers, Site Superintendents and Field Engineers.
- Ensure Company safe operating procedures are being followed for all work undertaken in the completion of projects.
- Visibly champions the Company’s Safety in the Workplace programs, with a focus on achieving zero accidents/incidents as well as maintaining COR certification.
- Signing authority with full P & L responsibilities for assigned Projects.
Financial / Planning
- Accountable for Scheduling and Pricing of all assigned Projects.
- Review and approve RFCs.
- Resolve customer and sub-contractor disputes as expeditiously as possible.
- Review P & L status and cash flow forecasts for Projects, and adjust as appropriate.
- Keep all stakeholders advised on status, progress, and issues.
- Provide claims management updates
- Develop standards, processes, controls, and measurements for Projects that will ensure consistency and superior results.
- Monitor progress of work completed against schedules and take actions as appropriate to ensure on-time completion of projects.
- Prepare Progress Certificates and ensure invoicing is timely.
- Quality and quantity bi-weekly forecasting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Civil preferred.
- PMP designation or working towards attaining PMP.
- Eng. an asset.
- 10 years’ experience in Project Management within the Construction Industry preferred.
DEMONSTRATED MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- High level of personal stress management. Ability to retain focus while addressing challenges, and prioritize conflicting demands.
- Problem Solving, Critical Thinking and Influencing skills. Able to find solutions to complex issues/challenges and mitigate risks.
- Able to effectively communicate applying sound judgement in an appropriately assertive manner.
- Adept at using MS Project and Primavera software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
COMPANY SPONSORED TRAINING
- New Employee Orientation
- Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- MS Project and Primavera software programs (as required by customer)
- “Bid2Win” estimating software program
- “Snow Storm” ERP software program
- Health & Safety/Quality Policy Review
- Construction Lien Act
- Bonding and Legal Training
- Leadership Development
Superintendent – Senior
Daily within the GTA.
80% office. 20% construction site visits. Some exposure to disagreeable conditions (work sites).
Moderate. Walking, sitting, lifting less than 5lbs occasionally. Consistent computer/laptop exposure.
Moderate intensity. Occasional challenges that demand higher level impact, focus.
We are committed to enhancing workplace diversity and fostering a workplace that is representative of the resident population we serve. We are committed to identifying and removing barriers for diverse employees in recruitment, advancement and retention. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider applicants without regard to age, race, colour, creed or religion, ancestry, origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, record of offences, disability, or other protected status. We have policies and procedures to accommodate applicants and employees with a disability.