Fermar has always tried to maintain the feeling of being a family, and in doing so, promoted some of the most important values that families should display; the act of giving back.Over the years, Fermar has been involved in several fundraisers and charity events that assist with giving back to the greater community and show our support in local causes and institutions. Below is a list of some of the events we have been involved in in recent years:
- Carrot Fest – supporting the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury and the agricultural heritage of the community
- Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer supporting the Princess Margaret Cancer Center
- Orangeville Rotary Ribfest supporting local projects
- Easter Seals Hockey Classic
- APTUS Charity Golf Tournament in support of the Treatment Centre for Complex Diseases
- Rotary Club of Brantford
- Toys For Tots organized by Peel Police
- Toronto Conservation Dinner in support of Ducks Unlimited Canada a group conserving Canada’s wetlands
- Caledon Golf Classic hosted by the OPP in support of Caledon/Dufferin Victim Services
We also recognize the importance of being involved with the Unions and Institutions that are involved with the industry and have attend several functions such as the Police Appreciate Night as well as the Ontario Road Builders Association evening.
In addition, we understand that giving back isn’t just about supporting a charity or organization, but delivering experiences to children and youth that will assist in the development of their future. As such, Fermar hosted 25 youth from the Innisdale Secondary School as part of their Co-operative Education Career Exploration Trip to give them an idea of the industry we work in. In addition to same, both Colin and Kyle Martin sit on boards for Conestoga College and Centennial College; respectively, as a source of information, guidance and reference for those wishing to get into this industry as well as means os assisting faculty with attempting to recruit youth into this industry.