JUNIOR PROJECT COORDINATOR
JUNIOR PROJECT COORDINATOR
13 Apr 2023
Head Office, Etobicoke
The Project Coordinator Junior (“PC3”) role represents an essential core competence. This is a supporting role that has moderate impact on the success of Fermar Paving Ltd. (“the Company”) Operations. The PC3 role focuses on support/communications that ensures critical documentation from the field work sites reaches the office, and that data from work sites reaches the Project Coordinator Level 2, Site Superintendent, and Project Manager.
The PC3 provides on-going administrative support to the other Project Coordinators, the Site Superintendent and PM when required. They are in constant two-way communication with other Company departments to ensure all issues, inquiries, requests are directed to the appropriate person and handled as quickly as possible.
The PC3 assists the Project Coordinator Level 2 in preparing schedules, budgets, and progress reports, as well as information required for regularly scheduled meeting
- Proactively manages administrative processes to ensure accurate and complete tracking and transmission to appropriate departments of data such as: Quantities (Daily Log Book), workers time sheets, Safety Hazard Assessments, Granular quantity tickets, and Packing Slips.
- Ensures all record keeping for Project(s) activities is complete and accurate, and that these records are accessible by those who need them.
- Daily Health and Safety administration ensuring all updates are entered into E-Compliance.
- Data entry of Time Sheets for submission to Project Coordinator Level 2
- Completes Annual Performance Review providing goals and opportunities for development
Financial / Planning
- Assists in preparation of P&L Summary, including Costing issues. Gather information on Time & Materials usage and extra payments outside of contracts. Report sent to PMO.
- Enters raw data for P&L Reports and Locates and provides to Project Coordinator Level 2. Adds descriptions and verifies correctness of data.
- Assists with preparation of baseline schedule and Budget updates.
- Attends Project Coordinating Monthly meeting to participate in Training, Change of Process Updates, Project/Performance updates, and relevant Company news.
- Follows up with Vendors to confirm orders and material delivery dates as needed
- Provide Client Rep with updates on project progress and to validate quantities prior to submitting to Project Coordinator Level 2 for billing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High School Diploma
- College Diploma (Civil Engineering) preferred, or equivalent Construction Industry experience.
- Minimum 6 months – 1-year experience within the Construction Industry.
- Interpreting contracts and creating change orders.
- Computer skills (MS Office suite).
DEMONSTRATED MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Sound management skills: Setting Goals/Objectives and Measuring Performance.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Able to find solutions to issues/challenges and mitigate risks.
- Acts independently. Makes decisions about own work within clearly established processes and rules.
- Exhibits strong Emotional Self-Awareness, as well as self-motivation.
- Able to effectively communicate in any situation and at any level, applying sound judgement in an appropriately assertive manner.
COMPANY SPONSORED TRAINING
- New Employee Orientation
- Leadership Development
- Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Health & Safety/Quality Policy Review
- MS Project/MS Office
- Personal Development courses: Data Management, Scheduling, Customer Relations
Superintendent – Senior
Daily within GTA.
Moderate intensity. 50% office. 50% construction site visits. Some exposure to disagreeable conditions (inclement weather).
Moderate. Walking, sitting, lifting 5lbs or less – occasionally. Consistent computer/laptop exposure.
Moderate intensity. Occasional challenges that demand higher level impact, focus.
We are committed to enhancing workplace diversity and fostering a workplace that is representative of the resident population we serve. We are committed to identifying and removing barriers for diverse employees in recruitment, advancement and retention. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider applicants without regard to age, race, colour, creed or religion, ancestry, origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, record of offences, disability, or other protected status. We have policies and procedures to accommodate applicants and employees with a disability.